Please check out our Developer guide, which takes you through getting started with the API and powering your app's payments with Lemon Squeezy.
October 20, 2023
- New endpoints: We've added Create customer and Update customer endpoints so you can easily manage your customers.
October 2, 2023
- We updated our docs regarding subscription proration, specifically how the
Septemer 19, 2023
- We've added new
customer_portalURLs to Subscription objects and Customer objects, allowing you to link to the new Customer Portal from your application.
August 23, 2023
Here are the API-related changes:
- Checkout objects have a new attribute,
checkout_data.variant_quantities, used for specifying quantities at checkout.
- New Subscription items endpoints.
- New Prices endpoints.
- Various values have been deprecated from Variant objects (marked as deprecated in the docs) as they have been moved to Price objects. To preserve backwards compatibilty these values are still available in Variant objects but we ask you to use Price objects instead.
- New Usage records endpoints.
- Subscriptions now include a
- Updated relationships for Subscriptions (added Subscription items) and Variants (added Prices).
August 14th, 2023
- We added
user_emailvalues to Subscription invoice objects to make it easier to match invoices with customers in your application.
July 20th, 2023
- We updated the
statusvalues in Subscription invoice objects in the docs to properly match API responses.
July 19th, 2023
- The lists of
card_brandvalues in Subscription and Subscription invoice objects in the docs have been updated to properly match API responses.
July 5th, 2023
- You can now filter subscriptions by
June 27th, 2023
- We added a new
license_key_updatedwebhook event so you can now watch for license key updates and update your application accordingly. There is also a new "License key updated" trigger in our Zapier integration.
May 25th, 2023
- New endpoints: We've just added new Webhook endpoints so you can now query, create, update and delete webhooks using the API.
May 12th, 2023
- We've changed
refundedvalues in Order and Subscription invoice objects to be
April 17th, 2023
- You can now filter the Subscription invoice list endpoint by
March 30th, 2023
- We added receipt URLs to Order objects (in the API and webhooks) in
- Update payment method URLs have been moved to your store subdomain rather than app.lemonsqueezy.com
March 17th, 2023
- We added a new
subscription_updatedwebhook event to make it easier to keep your local subscription data up-to-date (make sure you subscribe to this event from your existing webhooks). There is also a new "Subscription updated" trigger in our Zapier integration.
- Custom data added to checkouts is now saved permanently and is available in all Order, Subscription and License key related webhooks.
- We've added
customer_idto Order, Subscription and License key objects, so you can now easily link customers to other objects. You can also now
includecustomer objects in order, subscription and license key API calls.
card_last_fourvalues are now available in Subscription objects.
subscription_payment_successwebhook event is now sent for initial subscription payments as well as renewals.
billing_anchorcan now be set to
0to reset it to the current date. Read more
February 17th, 2023
- Full license keys are now included in License Key objects.
February 7th, 2023
New endpoints: We've added new Discount redemption endpoints so you can easily query discount usage.
The update subscription API endpoint now has a
disable_prorationsflag to help manage proration. Read more
February 6th, 2023
- The create checkout endpoint now has a
previewoption, which returns a preview object containing the checkout totals with discounts and tax taken into account.
February 4th, 2023
- We added
customer_emailto the meta object in the License API.
January 25, 2023
- New endpoints: We just added Subscription invoices endpoints, meaning it's possible to query billing histories for your subscriptions.
January 24, 2023
- New endpoints: Today we've added Create discount and Delete discount endpoints, allowing you finer control over discounts in the API.
January 23, 2023
January 9th, 2023
- You can now manually simulate subscription events from within your Dashboard. Read more
January 5th, 2023
- The update subscription API endpoint now has a
invoice_immediatelyflag to help manage renewal invoices. Read more
December 13th, 2023
New endpoint: We've added Customers endpoints so you can retrieve customer data over the API.
Order objects now contain a
first_order_itemobject to reduce the number of API calls required.
October 26, 2022
- Our new Subscription API allows SaaS businesses to control the entire subscription experience end-to-end.