We currently support migrating your products, prices, customers, payment methods, invoices, subscriptions and coupons from Stripe. We work with Stripe to securely migrate your data to Lemon Squeezy while maintaining PCI compliance. Contact us to get started.
The process of migrating from Stripe to Lemon Squeezy happens in two phases:
Phase 1: Data Migration
In phase 1, we will migrate your products, prices, customers, payment methods, invoices, subscriptions and coupons from Stripe to Lemon Squeezy.
- You send us the required Stripe information
- We request a secure data migration (customers, payment methods) from Stripe
- We import your data (products, prices, invoices, coupons) into Lemon Squeezy
- You test your Lemon Squeezy store and add any missing data
Phase 2: Go Live
In phase 2, we will help you go live with your Lemon Squeezy store and recreate any subscriptions from your Stripe account.
- You start using Lemon Squeezy for new sales
- We import any recent data from Stripe that was not included in the initial migration
- If you have subscriptions, we recreate any Stripe subscriptions in Lemon Squeezy
- You ensure all subscriptions are cancelled in Stripe to avoid double billing
We will agree an "import date" with you so that you can coordinate switching over to Lemon Squeezy with your customers and ensure the steps in phase 2 happen at the same time.
Stripe objects will be mapped to your Lemon Squeezy store in the following way:
|Stripe object||Lemon Squeezy object|
Note that after the migration has been completed, your existing Stripe data will remain in place and can be used as a backup.
Restricted API Key
Next, you need to create a special restricted API key with read-only access to some of your Stripe data. This key will allow us to securely migrate your data from Stripe to Lemon Squeezy. You can create a restricted API key in the Stripe Dashboard on the API keys page.
Your restricted API key will need to allow the following Read permissions:
- All core resources
- All Billing resources
- Promotion Codes
- Tax Rates
Once created, copy the restricted API key and send it to us. We'll use this key to import your data from Stripe to Lemon Squeezy. After the migration is complete, you should delete the key from your Stripe account.
Add Missing Data
There is certain information about your products that cannot be imported from your Stripe data. Once we have complete the initial migration of your Stripe data, you will need to manually add the following information to your products in your Lemon Squeezy store:
We recommend thoroughly testing your Lemon Squeezy store before going live to ensure that all your products are correctly configured.